Who we are
We are a charity supporting elderly and vulnerable people in the market
town of Bishop's Castle and surrounding rural area of Shropshire.
Our constitution states: "The Object of the Friends shall be to promote
the health, safety and well-being of people in the Community, whether at
home, in the Community Hospital or in Stone House care home."
Our role is to raise awareness of people's needs in the community, Stone
House Care Home and Bishop's Castle Community Hospital and raise funds to
meet those needs.
What do Friends do ?
Assist with projects that will be of benefit to people in the
community of Bishop's Castle and surrounding rural area: Friends
- First responders, medical screening for osteoporosis, Exercise on
- hearing loop systems, large print library books
- Dial-a- Ride; outdoor seating
- setting-up of a Carers' Group, help with community road shows
- SpArC £50K appeal; SpArC Accessible Screening Programme
Provide funding in Hospital
and Care Home to enhance the environment and facilities to benefit the
experience of patients and service users.
- joint hairdressing salon, gardens, furniture / furnishings
- treatment room, chiropody room
- entertainments, outings, Christmas gifts, books, CD players
- donation to minibus,
- £60K+ to hospital refurbishment
Friends' volunteers provide regular services in Hospital and Home
- library service
- knitting for charities
How can you support the Friends?
Become a member £5 p.a. Membership secretary 01588 638210
Become a volunteer Chair 01588 638338
Join the committee Chair 01588 638338